Job Search 101 – Top Ten Ways LinkedIn Can Help You Get HiredFeb 24th, 2010 | By Bill | Category: Employment News, Interviewing, Resumes
As promised here are the top ten ways LI will help job hunters:
1. The most obvious and powerful empowerment is through the new doors opened by personal networking.
2. The advanced people search means you will always be able to proactively search out new opportunities.
3. You will usually be able to find a specific person’s name to send introductory cover letters to.
4. The Questions and Answers Forum allows you to have job hunting questions answered by the experts.
5. Many job listings are exclusive to LinkedIn because higher quality candidates are being recruited there daily.
6. Get the inside track to your next job opportunity by knowing: ”Who is in my network at this Company?”
7. Your profile is a powerful marketing tool and is found in the search results from Google, Yahoo and Bing.
8. You can easily pursue employment opportunities on LI in stealth mode without your employer knowing.
9. LI groups allow you to focus in on your profession, job hunting and those areas where you need help.
10. Employers and Recruiters always search for candidates on LI and routinely examine LI profiles.
Personal networking has always allowed people to get the inside track to any job. When you use a great introductory cover letter along with your resume which references your inside connection you are no longer a stranger. Frankly, there is so much success using this technique, I often wonder why folks bother to submit resumes to any job postings where the employer is not even identified. Many of those postings are purely for information gathering purposes (resume databases, marketing list sales and telemarketing list sales) especially where they can post free job postings like Craig’s List. In summary, you cannot afford to not be on LinkedIn because the results you get there with a quality profile are so much better.
I write high performance resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles > 96% of my clients get hired. (c) 2009 by Darrell Z. DiZoglio of http://RighteousResumes.com Would you like to finish your job hunt in 1/3rd the normal time? Did you know professionally written resumes get 75% more requests for interviews? http://RighteousResumes.com/services.html You do know your resume is the sink or swim mission critical part of your job hunt right? (Free resume reviews by email too.)
- None Found